Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Technology Tuesday (4th edition)



I am happy to report that there are 
only two more Tuesdays before winter break!  
Oh, how I need that break.  Don't you?

My students are loving the mini iPads that we have in our classroom.
One of our favorite writing apps is Write About This.  We use it for practicing writing to a prompt and for capturing/writing about images of student learning in our own classroom.

The app costs 3.99 and I think it's well worth the money.  There is a free version of this app.  I would recommend downloading that one first to make sure you like it, but the 3.99 version allows you to take/save your own images and writing about those images. It has allowed us to create a photo journal of the learning that takes place in our classroom over time.

Here is a screen shot of one of the main screens.  

There are tons of photos w/prompts included in the categories section. You can also take your own photos and add your own text about the pictures.  The format is easy for kids to use and I'm finding it's a real motivator for a few of my students who are reluctant writers.

I'm off to see if I can finish the tree decorating.  Seriously, our schedule has been BONKERS!
Hope ya'll are staying warm...


1 comment:

  1. Our professionals from buy-essay/ totally understand your needs and desires and will write a highly personalized and flawless essays just for you.

    ReplyDelete