Sunday, January 1, 2012

My Word!

I think my grandma says that...but whatever she means is probably not the same as what I mean by "my word".

I've been inspired by Farley from Oh Boy, Fourth Grade and Ali Edwards to choose my very own word for 2012. I just happen to love words, so this is rather exciting! It was also a challenge to choose my own one little word (OLW). I picked a word, but then felt not so comfortable with it.  I discussed it with my dogs (because if I mentioned it to my husband he might say something annoying like, "Is this one of those dumb linky parties?"). Then I decided that I need to stick with my original word...because I need it. It would be much more comfortable (and like me) to choose a word that guarantees automatic comfort and success. But, one little word describes what I need in my life... faith.  Wouldn't it be nice if everyone who said, "don't worry" to me would say, "have faith" instead?   Maybe I should make a t-shirt so they know that saying "don't worry" sends me over the edge, but that hearing "have faith" seems more like a friendly reminder.

In 2012...
I am going to try really hard to have faith that my family will find a house to buy.
I will examine my religious faith (I have faith in God, but have been struggling with my church...or maybe it's just Catholic guilt).
I will have faith that our parenting decisions are strong and will continue to guide our children positively.
I will try to have faith that no matter what decisions are made in my district/state, I will continue to love teaching because I do love kids.

Thank you Farley and Ali for inspiring me to chose one little word for 2012!  Happy New Year!

9 comments:

  1. Happy New Year Kimberly! I think that word is perfect. May you have a wonderful new year with your family!
    Kristen

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great word and I love your honesty! I also love the adorable picture of your perfect word!
    Tunstall's Teaching Tidbits

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your word! Dogs always give the BEST advice:)

    Barbara
    Grade ONEderful

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great word choice. I think we could all use a little more (or in some cases a lot more) of it! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just posted about this on my blog too! I love your word! I have a mantra that I follow: Faith, Family, Friends or as we refer to in my house "The Three F's".
    I chose "release" as my word for 2012, in order to allow myself to just let go. We are going to be the most peaceful bloggers around when we get all of our words together!

    Happy New Year!


    Faithful in First

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great choice! (I say, "Oh my word," too!! lol)
    Jennifer
    First Grade Blue SKies

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great word! I discuss things with my cat and bunny all of the time! I am still thinking of my word but am thinking of something with hearts...

    I would love for you to hop on over to my blog if you get the chance. I have LOTS and LOTS of penguin and snowmen *freebies*! =)

    Heather
    Heather'sHeart

    ReplyDelete
  8. سایت سیب بت

    سایت شرط بندی معتبر سیب بت از معروف ترین سایت های ایرانی می باشد. این سایت مدت طولانی است که فعالیت می کند و کاربران زیادی را نیز دارد که به صورت دائمی در آن مشغول می باشند. باید بدانید که سیب بت دارای کازینوی آنلاین بسیار خوبی می باشد و بازی انفجار در این سایت سود های زیادی را به کاربران می دهد.

    در واقع یک سایت خیلی معروف است این سیب بت که حدود 4 سال قبل هم تاسیس شد. در سیب بت خدماتی ارائه شده اند که شما نمی توانید راحت از کنارشان بگذرید. در ابتدا باید بدانید که سیب بت بهترین سایتی است که می توانید با استفاده از آن بر روی مسابقات فوتبال شرط های خوب که دارای سودهای بالایی می باشند را ببندید. توجه کنید که در این بخش قابلیت بیمه شرط بندی وجود دارد که همراه با قابلیت ادیت شرط بسته شده بهترین قابلیت هایی هستند که در این سایت وجود دارند. این قابلیت ها می تواند برای شما سودهای بالایی را به همراه داشته باشد در صورتی که بدانید از آن ها چگونه بهره مند شوید و در روند شرط بندی از آن ها استفاده کنید.

    ReplyDelete